Property Development Accounting
MANAGING YOUR PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT
Starting a new venture or growing an existing business in property development is a complex undertaking. Marin Accountants specialise in providing expert taxation and business advice to property developers.
Marin Accountants recognise the importance of selecting the most appropriate entity structure that provides enough flexibility in terms of splitting any potential profits or capital gains, and introducing other investors into the mix or entering into any joint ventures.
Finance and managing cash flow is often the most pressing consideration property developers face. We find that obtaining the appropriate level of finance for projects is a very real challenge for many developers. Over the years we have developed extensive relationships with bank and non-banking lenders and work with our clients to secure the finance required.
Once finance is in place, Marin Accountants’ specialist team work to ensure that every project is properly budgeted including taking into account possible contingencies in terms of cost overruns, planning delays or bad weather.
From this strong foundation, Marin Accountants’ property development team work with clients to remove the burdens of financial management to allow them to focus on the challenges of managing their developments. Whether in part or by taking on the role of virtual CFO, our aim is to be a trusted advisor and guide. We work with clients to:
- provide accurate and timely financial information such as financial statements, management reports, income tax returns and other information required by banks or other stakeholders
- establish the right internal structures to manage and track expenditure and income
- ensure lodgement obligations are met in terms of income tax returns and business activity statements
- forecasting forthcoming tax obligations and implementing strategies to minimise taxation
- work through complex tax issues in respect of income tax, GST, stamp duty and land tax
- recommend and implement the right accounting software to ensure access to the latest financial information
- attend and assist with meetings with lawyers, financiers, investors and other stakeholders
- ensure they are kept informed of any changes in legislation that may affect their business and implement strategies to mitigate risks
- prepare budgets, cash flow reports, forecasting and ratio analysis to provide accurate information both on business performance and comparative performance.
Whether you are an established operator or starting your first project, Marin Accountants can work with you to provide you with the best taxation and business advice to help ensure your property development success. To arrange a meeting with a member of our specialist team, email or phone us on the link below.